Mga tagasunod

Lunes, Agosto 21, 2017

RED GLARE

(A poem written in tribute for Kian Delos Santos. A 17 year-old teenager who died without the rule of law.)

Red glare sheathed the room,
A bed that is now my loom,
Guarded with a mirror,
Blazes are walking too further.

Too small, too stiff,
Too close, too fit,
Too short, too sealed,
Too fit, to breathe.

I can’t fling a finger.
I can’t stir this shoulder.
All I know I closed the store,
Then my blood covered the floor.

All I know I’ll go to school,
Then the world became too cruel.
All I know I’ll meet my mom,
Then I never did until they come.

I feel the holes in my chest.
I want to clamor at my best.
Nobody hears.
Nobody sees.

People are weeping.
People are trembling.
A gun pointed on my faith
Heart and brain, halted and failed

I still want to feel the gusting air,
I still want to scrap my mom’s hair.
I am now a man lying in a box,
While I see my mom crying at its max.

But it’s too small, too stiff,
Too close, too fit,
Too short, too sealed,
Too fit, to breathe .

The last words I whispered in your heart mom,
Hope you’ll never forget.
Before my eyes sealed,


And breathe my very last.




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Subyang

Makulimlim na ulap tinatago ang daluyog ng tubig ng langit. Ang bawat alikabok ay tumatakip sa aliguyod ng hangin. Nakatingin ang mga mata...